- Arranged in the edges of the Shillong, it is one of the mainstream perspectives in Meghalaya and among the unmistakable spots to encounter Shillong Tourism.
Set at an elevation of 1,965 m (6,446 feet), Shillong Peak is the most noteworthy top in Meghalaya. As per history specialists, Shillong is named after this slope.
why its called shillong view point
According to local people, the benefactor divinity ‘Leishyllong‘ dwelled at the slope and secures the city against all shades of malice. Also, the highest point of the Shillong Peak has a hallowed recognize that is devoted to U Shulong and exceptional customs are coordinated here in each spring to respect the soul of U Shulong.
- The pinnacle offers a captivating 360 degree perspective on the whole Shillong city, encompassing cascades, the Himalayan Range, Bangladesh Plains and the rich greenery close by. At the top there is a high pinnacle with a telescope.
- An ideal retreat for guests, the area additionally includes a radar station of the Indian Air Force.
- Perhaps the most elevated point in Meghalaya state at 1,965 m (6,446 ft) height, Shillong View Point offers clearing 360-degree perspectives on the capital city. Rich greenery and the peaceful climate make this spot famous with sightseers. Utilize one of the telescopes nearby to get an awesome perspective on the cascades spouting out of a mountain. You’ll require consent from the Air Force Station to get to the pinnacle, which lies along an Indian Air Force street; this may require some serious energy, yet free stopping is accessible. Bring a few snacks along. Plan your Shillong View Point visit and investigate what else you can see and do in Shillong utilizing our
- Because of security reasons at the air base, voyagers need to show their unique ID cards and give up their cameras at the register post prior to entering with the perspective region. Outsiders are not permitted to enter this zone as it is constrained by Indian Air Force.
- Timings: 9 AM – 3.30 PM, Closed on Wednesday
- Section: Rs. 30 for Person and Rs. 30 for Vehicle